Monday, July 14, 2008

Resting On Monday

I took the day for myself today.  I almost never ever do this.  However, my stress level has been so high and I really needed a break.  I'm tired of being at the bottom of every one's list.  Mr. Morton was so busy with work recently that he hadn't noticed how stressed out I've been.  At least he didn't notice until I broke into tears because I dropped a glass while doing dishes.  I cried like a baby and ended up sitting on the kitchen floor bawling for a half hour.  Afterwards, I decided it was time to take a mental health day.

I went to see a movie.  I stopped at the library and picked up two books.  I had lunch with my girlfriend.  When I got home, I took a nice long bath and had a glass of wine.  When I got out, Mr. Morton had dinner ready, the table set, and the kids were nowhere to be found.  Apparently, he spent the better half of the day calling favors from the kids' friends' parents.  

It was the most perfect day and if I could, I'd do the whole damn thing over again tomorrow.

No comments: