Friday, July 11, 2008

My Brother and His New Wife Are Idiots!

I have to say that it has been a long few days here at the old Spice Rack! The First has been full of parenting ideas but doesn't wish to actually follow through with any of them. Apparently, that is to be my job. Boo seems to have decided that he can change around all kinds of computer accounts that Mr. Morton sat up for the kids because he "works in the IT field". He's managed to wipe out much of the history and several parental controls in a matter of moments.

To make matters worse, I got a stupid email from my brother's new wife (Sauce) . She's upset because I still communicate with my brother's first wife (Mustard). Apparently, I'm weakening the new wife's position. Sauce negates that for the ten years that my brother was married to Mustard, I lived down the street from them and became very close to Mustard. In fact, I'd venture to say that my relationship with Mustard is stronger and was always stronger than the relationship I had/have with my brother.

My niece, Hotdog, and my nephew, Hamburger, invited me over to see their summer camp play. My brother never mentioned the play or even that the kids were in camp. So, Mr. Morton and I decided to go to the play to see the kids. When we got there, Mustard was sitting with her parents and we quickly slipped in next to her.

My brother and Sauce showed up 15 minutes into the play and huffed over to sit behind us. My beloved brother leaned in and asked what I was doing here. I told him the kids invited us and why had he not said something about this. Sauce and my brother left without saying goodbye to Mr. Morton or myself. In fact, they acknowledged the kids with a drive-by hug and were out of there.

Now, my mother and Sauce are both upset because of the situation. Sauce is upset because she doesn't feel I value her place in the family. My mother is upset because my brother mentioned that he doesn't know if family events can happen because of my misplaced loyalty. It is all a crock of shit.

Mr. Morton keeps telling me to continue doing as I'm doing. I did decide to make a bigger effort to start talking to my brother directly. However, I called twice last night and he didn't pick up either time. He called back this morning on my cell phone and left a message saying he was busy and he'd call in a few weeks. UGH!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes, I wonder who the hell he thinks he is! Either way, I'm sure Mustard is going to start taking a small step backwards in my life and that I may never forgive Sauce for that fact.

No comments: